How to get started

Enrolling to the CLB is a two-step process.

Need help? Contact our Enrolled By Six Information Line at:

905-890-9432 (local)
905-890-8089 (tty)
1-888-836-5550 (long distance)

to speak with an information, referral and resource specialist. Interpretive services are available in 200 different languages

Step 1: Get a Social Insurance Number

To start an RESP you and your child must each have a Social Insurance Number. A Social Insurance Number is a special number assigned only to you that you need to work in Canada or to receive benefits from the Government.

Find out more from the
Government of Canada’s Information Sheet on Social Insurance Numbers.

Download a Social Insurance Number application form.

For more information on how to get a Social Insurance Number, visit Service Canada or call 1-800-206-7218.

Step 2: Find an RESP Provider and visit them to enrol today!

There are many financial organizations licensed to provide RESPs, but each one is different. Find the full list of providerswho are registered with the Government of Canada.

RESPs are not all the same. PCYI recommends that you Compare Plans before deciding which RESP provider is right for you. To help you get started, here are some RESP providers with:

  • No enrolment fee
  • No annual fee
  • No minimum contribution
  • 100% guaranteed investment option

Bank of Nova Scotia Download flyer

Royal Bank of Canada Download flyer

Bank of Montreal Download flyer

TD Canada Trust Download flyer